This week we combined all our dossier pages together into one document. After we combined them, we need to sort out our buttons on our pages. The problem we had was the button would not work because in Indesign, when we looked at our page layouts, we notice that all our pages were in separate columns and not in one column. This caused some problems with the buttons because having each dossier in separate columns were being treated similarly as a separate document. We solved this problem by coping and creating a new column. This will put all the dossiers in one column and then we deleted all the other dossiers since do not need them anymore. After we did this we corrected the buttons because the buttons still had the same commands that was given will still be the same, so for example if on the original dossier they were created on they button was to send you to page four and on the combined dossier that page might be page eight. So the button will send you to page four and not correct it self.
After combining and correcting the buttons we started testing the dossier. Everything worked we tested it our selves and by other people. Most people feed back we got said we needed to make the navigation clearer but everything else is fine.
This week I finished adding content to my part of the interactive dossier and added buttons that allow people to navigate to different pages.
I also edited my audio log that I recorded in week 8 and added it to my dossier to a vinyl that someone in my group created on Photoshop. I tried to create one my self but it did not end up looking like a vinyl record. What I did is turn the background black and unlocked it to become layer 0. I then added noise and a radial blur to make a ripple effect to make it look like a vinyl disk. The problem I had is it either did not look like it rippled or you can still see the noise effect.
I also created simple arrows in Photoshop for a slide show. The arrows are for a slide show of flags.
One of the skills we learnt this week was voice acting, we recorded our audio logs that we wrote the script for during week 3. I felt the recording could of been better but I never done voice acting before, so it would come with experience.
I also finished creating my industrial revolution style generator by adding the little details like railings and stoke pipes to it. I liked the look of it and it look like the source material but I would of liked to have textured it.
We also learnt how to create navigation options on a Indesign document with buttons.
This week we learnt to be less dependent on digital technology like computers and phone by writing and drawing on paper. This is useful because most people first reaction to noting stuff down or drawing is to turn on their computer or phone, but with pen and paper there is less chance to loose, forget and crash. I did not come over any problems because I prefer and do write down stuff down because I remember information better if I write it down instead of typing. But I probably need to improve my grammar and spelling.
We also learnt to create multiple ideas not just focus on the one idea. Doing this will help me creating good ideas instead of improving a bad one. The problem I have is I am not use to creating multiple ideas. To over come this problem, I need to get out of the habit of creating just one idea.
This week I created a box in 3DS Max, this task helped with the skills above as well as 3D modeling, texturing and drawing. The purpose of this task is to get us use to planing and designing objects instead of just creating an object. We first started by creating three thumbnails and picking one of those three thumbnails. We then researched textures for the box. I used two types of wood textures and a metal texture for my box. Then we created the box and textured it.
We also had a look a Little Red Riding Hood book that had interactive segments in it and we then planed/designed a digital version of it.