Production Diary (Week 10)

This week we combined all our dossier pages together into one document. After we combined them, we need to sort out our buttons on our pages. The problem we had was the button would not work because in Indesign, when we looked at our page layouts, we notice that all our pages were in separate columns and not in one column. This caused some problems with the buttons because having each dossier in separate columns were being treated similarly as a separate document. We solved this problem by coping and creating a new column. This will put all the dossiers in one column and then we deleted all the other dossiers since do not need them anymore. After we did this we corrected the buttons because the buttons still had the same commands that was given will still be the same, so for example if on the original dossier they were created on they button was to send you to page four and on the combined dossier that page might be page eight. So the button will send you to page four and not correct it self.

After combining and correcting the buttons we started testing the dossier. Everything worked we tested it our selves and by other people. Most people feed back we got said we needed to make the navigation clearer but everything else is fine.

Production Diary (Week 9)

This week I finished adding content to my part of the interactive dossier and added buttons that allow people to navigate to different pages.

I also edited my audio log that I recorded in week 8 and added it to my dossier to a vinyl that someone in my group created on Photoshop. I tried to create one my self but it did not end up looking like a vinyl record. What I did is turn the background black and unlocked it to become layer 0. I then added noise and a radial blur to make a ripple effect to make it look like a vinyl disk. The problem I had is it either did not look like it rippled or you can still see the noise effect.

I also created simple arrows in Photoshop for a slide show. The arrows are for a slide show of flags.

 

Production Diary (Week 8)

First thing I did this week was finalised my A Master Page on InDesign layout. I then started to design the layout of the first page which is the introduction page or gives out the brief information on the world. I also gathered some flags as well, I had to modifier a Swedish flag to get the Scandinavian flag. I also created a map of Europe in this alternate timeline and created a paper texture looking version as well.

Knife CaptureI also created another knife in 3DS Max because I did not like how last weeks one went. I liked the outcome of my knife even though it ended up looking like a prison shank. I would have liked it to look more like a proper knife than a prison shank.

We also created another audio log this week. This audio log was better because we were in a appropriate room with sound proofing, so there was no outside interference and I also have

 

Production Skills (Week 5)

This week we revised the Indesign skills we learnt in previous weeks (how to add text, pictures, buttons, creating new pages and designing an A Master page). We did also learn how to use overlays on Indesign to either have an image sequence, audio play or have an video on a page.

We also rewrote/improved our scripts from week 3 and 4 and recorded our improvements to get us used to voice acting and writing scripts. Again I thought mine went well but with more experience it could be better. We also learnt how to create Foley by using common house hold equipment. We did this so we get use to creating our own sound instead of using sound we found on the internet.

We also did a two and a half 3D modeling task where we create anything we want that looked like it was from the 1870’s, I created a chest. We the time we had we needed to find examples of the thing we wanted to create. Then we had to design three thumb nails of possible designs we would create. After we picked our design we get to create and texture it in 3DS Max. I felt it went well, I did run out of time with about one or two things left to texture but overall it went really well.

 

Production Skills (Week 4)

Generator0000One of the skills we learnt this week was voice acting, we recorded our audio logs that we wrote the script for during week 3. I felt the recording could of been better but I never done voice acting before, so it would come with experience.

I also finished creating my industrial revolution style generator by adding the little details like railings and stoke pipes to it. I liked the look of it and it look like the source material but I would of liked to have textured it.

We also learnt how to create navigation options on a Indesign document with buttons.