Personal Primary Research
To find out what we want to do for our Final Major Projects, we need to know who we are. What are our personal interests, favourite bands, sports team and free time activities? The Who Am I makes us think about what are our interests and make them into a list and/or a mind map. Then we can look and reflect on our interest and decide what we would like to do for our Final Major project.
We had to create a mind map or several mind maps with our personal interests. I chose to do several by splitting them up into my favourite things to do in my free time; video games, music, films & TV and why I like them. I added pictures to it to help visualise the mind map, so it is easy to understand what I mean. What I learnt is I do not have a lot of interest, while I can say there is are different genres in my interests. I think I do have more interests but just don’t know it. I also learnt that I can go into more detail with film and TV than any other interest, so I be interested in doing something in that area.
After creating those mind maps, we had to write down what we knew about our interests. This was to prepare us for the research side of the Final Major Project, this task was primary research into us. So we knew what we liked, had interests in and what we knew about them. This was so we knew what area we would like to explore for our Final Major Projects. What I learnt doing this task is I do not know a lot about what I am interested in.
What I know
- Their first album was called Night Vision
- Done for movies, for example The Passenger, Iron Man 3, Suicide Squad
- At the time of doing this task have two official albums (Night Vision and Smoke and Mirrors)
- Done music for movies like the first three Michael Bay Transformers
- The song Guilty music video was produced in a game called Project Spark
- Developed by DICE
- Published by EA
- DICE have also developed the Mirrors Edge games
- First game in the series was Battlefield 1942
- The current game (Battlefield 1) in the series is set during the First World War
- Most of the games in the series are set in modern day or during the Second World War, except two; Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 2142
- The main series has eight games; Assassin’s Creed, Assassin’s Creed 2, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Assassin’s Creed 3, Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
- Developed by Ubisoft Montreal
- Published by Ubisoft
- Was going to be a part of the Prince of Persia series
- Currently, has one movie adaption based during the Spanish Inquisition
- Developed by Bethesda
- Other games Bethesda include Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Dishonored, Evil Within
- Was released 11th November 2011 (11/11/11)
- Apart the Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion)
Film and TV:
Lord of the Rings-
- Directed by Peter Jackson
- Studio who helped develop it was New Line Studio
- Based on three by J R R Tolkien of the same name
- Originally was going to be two films
- The first six films were directed by George Lucas and the seventh was directed by J J Abrams
- The background story of the films is a lot bigger than the films give it credit. You have the Expanded Universe which is considered canon and Legends which is not canon but can become it
- When filming on set “Luke I’m your father” that part was kept a secret and the actor in the suit said, “Luke Obi-Wan killed your father”. The only people who knew was George Lucas, Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones.
- Mark Hamill was told Darth Vader was Luke’s father so he would react correctly
- Studios that produce Anime include A1 pictures and Studio Ghibli
- Studio Ghibli is considered the Disney of anime and does cooperate with Disney.
- Disney dub and publish any films Studio Ghibli produce in the west.
- Most anime animation style is 2D animation but you can get anime done in other forms of animation like 3D.